The technical control service consists in the planned, systematic, punctual and documented verification of the correct execution of the works, the quality of the materials used, the timing of implementation and the progress of expenditure (if required), detecting any non-conformities/observations so that effective corrective actions can be defined and implemented.
The inspection takes as criteria the requirements defined in the contract and in the documentation attached to it as well as the applicable mandatory requirements and in the absence of fully delineated technical references, the rule of thumb.
The inspection of the execution of the works therefore constitutes the guarantee of the overall quality of the work itself, also in terms of durability, maintainability, and useful life for the purposes of its insurability with a subsequent ten-year indemnity policy to cover damage and/or serious defects.
The technical inspection is particularly requested by insurance companies, as a prerequisite for the issue of the ten-year policy, necessary for the purchase and sale of new residential buildings, pursuant to Legislative Decree 122/2005, and for a surety bond to ensure the correct execution of public works. However, it may also pursue other objectives:
- to support the client or other subject in the context of the checks necessary to define the state of consistency of works whose realisation is interrupted and cannot be tested and is to be resumed with another executor;
- to support the client or other party in the context of investigations aimed at comparing the initial and final state of a work on which an improvement/adjustment of performance has been carried out;
- to support the client or other party in the investigations necessary to settle disputes between the parties involved in the construction of the works/infrastructure;
- to support the Client or other party in the verification during the work in progress and at the conclusion of the work within the contractual terms.
The execution of the works inspection service, so as to ensure impartiality, independence, skills and reliability, is carried out by APAVE CERTIFICATION ITALIA with the supervision of Accredia, the organization signing the international MLA (Multi Lateral Agreement).
Types of controls:
The types of controls required in accordance with UNI 10721 may be:
- R0_PRELIMINARY VERIFICATION OF THE PROJECT (mandatory phase)
- R1_STABILITY CONTROL
- R2_CASING CONTROL
- R3_WATERPROOFING CONTROL
- R4_CONTROL OF INDOOR FLOOR AND WALL COVERINGS
- R5_CONTROL PLASTERS AND EXTERNAL COATINGS
- R6_FIRE SAFETY CHECK
- R7_CONTROL RELATIVE TO THERMAL INSULATION AND ENERGY PERFORMANCE
- R8_HYGIENE, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL
- R9_CONTROL RELATIVE TO SAFETY AND ACCESSIBILITY TO USE
- R10_ NOISE PROTECTION CHECK
- R11_CONTROL SUSTAINABLE USE OF NATURAL RESOURCES
The objective of the control is to verify that what has been planned is actually carried out, in relation to an established risk margin, with reference to the regulations and laws in force and the possible consequences that, in the event of errors, may occur. Therefore, the technical control service is designed to guarantee and ensure that:
- The materials procured (identified, qualified, accepted), are suitable for the intended use and comply with both the sector legislation and the design specifications;
- Each product, component or system is manipulated, used, and stored correctly;
- The correct planning and the optimal organization of the phases of the implementation of the work are carried out;
- Technical and good workmanship standards are applied in all the operations of construction, laying, assembly, installation of materials, components and systems, with the traceability of all the supporting documents.
In order to achieve this objective, Apave carries out a series of site inspections, the minimum number of which is defined in Technical Regulation no. 07 issued by Accredia and depends on the amount of works subject to control.
|Amount of the intervention work||N. site inspections|
|Until € 1.500.000,00||9|
|From € 1.500.000,00 to € 3.000.000,00||12|
|From € 3.000.000,00 to € 5.000.000,00||17|
|From € 5.000.000,00 to € 10.000.000,00||21|
|From € 10.000.000,00 to € 20.000.000,00||26|
|From € 20.000.000,00 to € 30.000.000,00||30|
|From € 30.000.000,00 to € 50.000.000,00||36|
|From € 50.000.000,00 to € 75.000.000,00||41|
|From € 75.000.000,00 to € 100.000.000,00||44|
|From € 100.000.000,00 to € 150.000.000,00||47|
|From € 150.000.000,00 to € 200.000.000,00||51|
|From € 200.000.000,00 to € 500.000.000,00||56|
The site inspection can also be considered useful to cover several stages of work progress and/or several control phases.
The field experience and the results currently available to the technicians show that the most critical elements in a generic building are the structural works, the waterproofing inside and above ground, the thermal and acoustic insulation, the external rendering, the curtain walls, and the windows and doors.
The inspection activities are more concentrated on these elements which can be covered insurance, even if it is also possible to inspect the works related to the systems, interior finishes, and all those works defined by the Civil Code as “destined to last over time”.
During the execution of the works inspection the APAVE CERTIFICATION ITALIA inspection team carries out inspections on the construction sites, following the schedule established in the inspection plan shared with the client.
If a “non-compliance” emerges from an inspection, the contractor is obliged to remedy it.
The contractor is also required to promptly notify the APAVE CERTIFICATION ITALIA team when it believes it has successfully solved the problem and in any case before the “non-compliance” becomes irresolvable, with the consequent increase in significant additional costs for demolition and reconstruction works.
D. Lgs. 122/2005
Provisions for the protection of property rights of purchasers of buildings to be built, pursuant to the Law of 2 August 2004, no. 210.Read the text of Legislative Decree 122/2005